- Our Team
- Why choose us?
- Our Services
- Exotic Pets
- Small Mammals
- Other Exotic species
- Contact us
- Useful links
PHONE: 01202 499 622 1a Stony Lane, Christchurch, BH23 7LQ
Overheated teflon pans give off fumes that cause acute respiratory distress in birds and are thought to always be fatal by some vets. Teflon can also be found in oven linings, hair dryers, in some irons and ironing board covers as well as kitchen ware so be careful and if possible keep the bird in a separate airspace from such items.
If exposure does occur extremely urgent care involving oxygen tents and respiratory support is required.
Signs include: Death, gasping for air, wheezing, incoordination, difficulty breathing, seizures, depression, anxious behaviours.