- Our Team
- Why choose us?
- Our Services
- Exotic Pets
- Small Mammals
- Other Exotic species
- Contact us
- Useful links
PHONE: 01202 499 622 1a Stony Lane, Christchurch, BH23 7LQ
The Seashore offers loads of opportunities for pets to become ill, from scavenging things they really shouldn't to drinking seawater.
Foreign Bodies- Sadly a lot of shores are littered either directly or with material deposited by the tides and foreign body ingestion can be common- this may cause a poisoning effect but is much more likely to be simply surgical but take care.
Salt Water ingestion can lead to to salt toxicity (vomiting, disorientation, fits), so if you have a waggy- tailed swimmer make sure you carry fresh water with you for when they get thirsty.
Palm Oil- this is deposited as large waxy lumps which dogs seem to like eating and can be very toxic avoid such objects or promptly remove them from your dogs mouth. They are usually too big to be swallowed quickly.